Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scrape the Whole Darn Thing!

The area where I live is prone to a variety of climate challenges. In fact, they change so rapidly as to hinder intelligent choices such as tomorrow's best wardrobe, or even whether to venture out on the roads. There may be places to go, it's certain- to the store; to work; to drop off a slightly over-due payment to the cable company. And yet, challenges arise....

Occasionally we have frost and other times we have snow; sometimes we have both! And the risidual result is that we cannot see out our car windshields without clearing a vieweng portal.

While preparing to head out into reality, I meticulously scrape enough of my auto window surfaces- front, back, sides, wings, etc. In other words, I'd like to see where I'm going, where I've been, and what the options are, were, or could be as I move along.

As I venture out into the day's winter wonderland with my clear windshields, full vision all the way around my ride, what do I see? Vehicles careening down the roads to destinations real and perceived with, at best, PEEP HOLES of cleared vision areas. PEEP HOLES!

I attempt to figure out the thinking (or lack thereof) that must have preceded this individual's choice to journey out onto public thoroughfares. "I have at my beckon the opportunity to see clearly all around and in front of my vehicle, roughly 80 square feet or better, but I'll accept being able to see through the 24 square inches I felt like clearing this morning... I'll accept .2% of what's available to me. If you're outside the vision range of my precious 24 square inches, I can't see you. If you're beside me, I will likely not know you're there. And if you are behind me, who the heck are you and where the heck did you come from?"

What happened here? Wake up a little too late? Converse a little too long with the family before leaving for work? Or simply forgot you were supposed to be somewhere?!?!?!?!?!?

Not only would you probably like to arrive safely to your chosen destination, I'm also likely to desire arriving at mine.

Outcomes in life are determined by choices we make- are you willing to accept .2% of what's available to you or will you consider scraping the whole d**n windshield?

No comments:

Post a Comment